Before covid-19, respiratory disease affected one in five people and was the third biggest cause of death in England. Hospital admissions had been rising over the seven years to 2019 and respiratory diseases were a major factor in winter pressures. In addition, incidence and mortality rates were higher in disadvantaged groups and areas of social deprivation.
Covid-19 has underlined and exacerbated many of the existing issues, but has also provided opportunity for rapid innovation in systems and processes. The HSJ Respiratory Virtual Forum will bring together national and local leaders, senior managers, clinicians, industry and the third sector to address the ongoing challenges, examine what has been learned from the pandemic, and outline the key steps to move forward and improve the lives and outcomes of people with respiratory disease.
The health and wellbeing of our attendees, speakers and staff is our top priority at this time. By adopting a virtual event proposition, we are able to continue providing worthwhile interactive content and updates, while staying safe at home and precluding the need for travel.
What to expect
- Free access to high-level strategic content, available to healthcare professionals across the system
- Live video panel discussions, with speakers dialled in remotely, each followed with a live Q&A
- Focused workshop sessions, in video chat rooms, with limited group sizes to enable meaningful conversations
- Access to on-demand content, such as additional pre-recorded sessions and other resources, and 30 days’ post-event platform access to view recordings of live sessions, in case you were pulled away from watching in real-time!
How It Works
- Registering: Complete a registration form, after which you will receive an email with confirmation – please note that the event is for healthcare professionals only and registrations will be reviewed prior to acceptance.
- Gaining Access: Virtual event participants will receive a URL link to the live event platform to access content on the event day. The link can also be used to access on-demand content on the platform, and for a period of time after.
- Logging In: Simply log in prior to the opening remarks, take a moment to familiarise yourself with the platform and get ready for the sessions to begin.
- Technical Support: Our team will be available to you before and during the conference to ensure you are set up and ready to go!
- Platform Compatibility: The platform is accessible via your internet browser and does not require any software to be downloaded. We will share the link in advance to give you ample time to familiarise yourself with the layout and functions.